3 Mar 2010

How to make a realistic river in Trainz


In this tutorial you will learn how to make a river in Trainz. No ordinary river, but a good one, who is more realistic. All the assets you need in this tutorial are on DLS or are built-in.
You will need a spline river, some rocks, some grass and some textures:

Next, you need to make the river bed. After you’ve modified the ground in a river shape, you can put the textures. You should vary them, and use [ or ] to rotate the texture.  
Next lay down the spline river, and sink it in to the ground. 
 
To make it more realistic you can raise some islands in the middle of the river:
 
Then add some more textures:
 After all this, place some rocks, not to many and not to less.

Then place some vegetation of your choice. I’ve used dry and green grass and also some bushes.
 
In final I’ve decorated the area with some pine trees. Here is the final result.





2 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I think I will leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.Cheap Lots in Samara Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete